Founder's CPA Careers
We're looking for great people to join our growing team.
About Founder’s CPA
Founder’s CPA is a boutique accounting firm located in Chicago that focuses on outsourced accounting services for startups and small businesses. We pride ourselves on being a trusted adviser for startup founders and small business owners across the country. Our breadth of service offerings leverage technology adoption and streamlined processes to deliver tailored accounting solutions to each one of our clients’ unique needs. We refuse to accept the inefficient and burdensome “old school” approach to accounting and seek to innovate alongside our clients to deliver scalable accounting solutions.
We believe in an outcomes based approach to work and emphasize individual accountability. We’re looking for reliable team members who deliver an exceptional work product that they’re proud to put their name on!
Are you passionate about innovative accounting methods and client service?
Building the future proof accounting firm of tomorrow.
- The firm of tomorrow does not try to force change overnight. It does so organically at the most reasonable pace allowable within its resource constraints. Sacrificing quality, sanity, and reputation does not justify attaining growth targets for the sake of accomplishment.
- The future is unpredictable, so we must be willing to pivot. What we think we know today very well could be wrong. We won't be stubborn and refuse to readjust when necessary even if it means acknowledging failure and rerouting our path.
- We focus on being forward looking but practical. This means that we anticipate change before the market does but are honest about the feedback the market is providing. There's no shame in trying something innovative and failing as long as lessons are learned from those attempts.
- We focus on creating a different kind of work environment within the accounting industry. We’re not concerned with tracking traditional KPIs that are outdated and inaccurate measures of performance.
Founder's CPA's Core Values
- #FIOTA (Figure it out then ask) - By embracing an entrepreneurial mindset, you can exhibit a natural curiosity to develop answers to questions and understanding why one way could be better than another.
- Authentic Relationships - Care deeply for others, but be willing to challenge them directly to be the best version of themselves, while also embrace constructive feedback as an opportunity to grow.
- Accountability - Produce product that you're proud of, but know your own limitations. Trust in your coworkers abilities and the reliability of others.
- Teach Others to Fish - Share knowledge while being a thoughtful communicator. Be patient, understanding, and aware that everyone may not be as capable as you are.